Sunday 4 March 2007

The Seaside

Oh huff, I had a great day yesterday, because my mummy took me to the seaside! I've been to this place lots of times before, and I have such a great time. I couldn't wait to get in the water, it was quite rough though and a wave swept me off my feet, and I got washed in, it was such fun. There was this other dog there, and he kept wanting to play with me, but I wasn't having any of it, he was too lively for me, and he didn't go in the water either, what a wimp. He just wanted to run after a silly ball that his mummy kept throwing for him.

After we went back to the car and my mummy had rubbed all the sand off me (ouch, why does she do that, it's very scratchy?) she went and got some CHIPS! Wow, can things ever get better than this? We sat on a bench by the car and looked down at the beach whilst we ate them all, and there were lots of other dogs playing and running around.

I had a scary time last night though. My mummy was watching something on the television, it was this big glowing ball thing in the dark, and it really frightened me, I was growling and growling at it to warn her, but she kept telling me off. She put a cushion in my face so I couldn't see the tv screen, and I tried really hard to look round or under it in case the thing came out of the television and got us. She didn't seem to be scared though, she said it was the moon. How silly, the moon can't be on the television, and why was it a funny red colour? I was glad when she said we were going to bed, and the scary thing went away I can tell you. She kept going outside too, she never does that in the dark, I really got quite unsettled with it all. Now today I am exhausted, still it doesn't look like I will be going anywhere today as it's very windy and raining again, so I will have a good sleep instead. Huff.




3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Aw Emma, you are a treasure. What a great day you had. You look well satisfied with your walk in the ocean and had chips as well, wow, guess it couldn't have been better.

nicola said...

chips and the sea!!! Your mummy spoils you

mydogbrandy said...

Dear Emma, so glad you had a nice day out with your mummy. Brandy and I send you our love.